What is ECBSD
ECBSD is a set of graphical tools written in Qt especially made for an
easy configuration and installation of NetBSD.
At the moment it consists of the following applications:
- ecbsdnetconfig: it's a tool used to configure network interfaces,
host name, gateway, DNS, etc.
- ecbsdpackages: an utility to install and uninstall pkgsrc
packages, from a binary or building from source.
- ecbsdpanel: a simple graphical interface used to launch ECBSD applications as root with
kdesu with simple clicks.
- ecbsdxconfig: very basic configuration of XFree86 using the
configuration file created by X -configure.
- ecbsdinstall: graphical installer with basic partitioning
capabilities - it can't create partitions yet-.
- ecbsdinitialconfig: basic system configuraton to set root's
password and add a user.
All these tools are included in a live and installable NetBSD iso that
I will send under demand whoever until I had a web space to publish it.
To download up-to-dated source code and binaries using CVS:
# cvs -z6
-d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/ecbsd co -P ECBSD